Do you want to learn how to protect your Yahoo Mail account using the 2-step verification? Then you will definitely be able to get the same done in no time. However, if you some related queries then you must give dial on the Yahoo Customer Service Number. And the well-qualified experts will provide you with appropriate solutions immediately.
The following are the steps to know how to use the 2-step verification factor:
- Now first of all, in the upper right corner of the screen, you go to select your Account icon.
- Next, you will have to select the ‘Account Info’ option.
- After that, you need to select the ‘Account Security’
- You now have to turn on the two-step verification’ toggle switch.
Note: Now if the Yahoo Account Key is already enabled, then you should turn it off. This is because the Account Key is not compatible with 2-step verification.
- When you are prompted on the screen, you will have to enter a mobile number. Then, you must choose either ‘Send SMS’ or Call me’ to receive n authentication code.
- Now it depends on the method you chose, then you should receive a text or phone call containing the verification code. You would have to type the code into the given dialog box that displays on the screen after you choose the method of contact, and then you must select the ‘Verify’ button.
- And now if the numbers match, you will get a success dialog box appearing with options to ‘Create app passwords’ for apps that do not recognize or use the 2-step authentication. Or you could even choose to ‘Skip for now’ if you want to skip this process.
- At last, from now onwards, you will be prompted for an authentication code when logging in to your account.
After you have you finished following the above steps you should be over and hope that you were able to get the desired done. But if you face any glitches then you should instantly Contact Yahoo Support for the best solutions and guidance and the team will not let you be disappointed.